My name is Michael Andrade and I’m a 33 year old from New England. I enjoy music, cooking, and WordPress.
I find that there is always something new to learn or sometimes there is a skill or talent that can be further refined.
I speak (a passable) French and Spanish and I’m studying Greek. I find conversation, whether of a useful or useless subject, is an effective tool to get people’s mind off things. A place to go, a story to tell, a song to hear, a rest for the burden on your shoulders… this is what I offer. Everyone should feel as great as I do.
I was born in Brighton, Massachusetts to Hector and Gladys Andrade; and under their care and the care of Teodolinda (to whom I affectionately refer to as “The Grandmother”), I was able to cultivate a healthy curiosity and fondness for problem solving.
Since then, I have lived and worked in Boston, Massachusetts; Hudson, New Hampshire; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; and Raleigh, North Carolina with a few small towns tucked in for good measure.
I focused my career path in web development with a niche specialty and expertise in WordPress. My focus on WordPress has allowed me to be a team leader and a part of many fantastic projects both professionally and personally. It is through Andrade Nation, the business face of my skills, that all the magic has been possible.
Here is my sort of “Andrade Code…”
The Precepts of Andrade
- Things are only bad in the moment
- Nothing is as bad as it seems
- You only live once (often, “What are you gonna live forever?” when in a verbal volley)
- The worst thing you can do with life… IS NOT LIVE IT
- If it is your time to go… it is your time to go… so if you’re gonna go, go with a smile.
- Truth, like Stupidity, Youth, Beauty, Right and Wrong, are only in the eye of the beholder…
- It’s only illegal if you get caught…
- Solitude and Loneliness are blessings that allow you to spend time with the only one you love and trust
- In Vino Veritas
- If you wanna win big… you have to gamble big
- Live by this question: Why not?! If no good answer is to be found, then DO IT!
- If you can’t be good… be good at that
- Don’t take life too seriously… you’ll never get out alive
- When in doubt, wash it out.